In March 2016, Belfast was recognised as the best city in the UK by Guardian and Observer Travel Awards, a national award that highlights the best in the British tourism industry. As a premier tourism destination for both business and leisure, the city offers spectacular visitor attractions and events, delicious local food, and some of the best shopping experiences in the world. With so much to see and do, you are guaranteed a great time and a warm welcome.
A colourful mix of art and music, fascinating architecture and surrounded by natural beauty, Belfast has a very unique history and heritage. Here are just a few interesting facts that you may not know about the capital city:
- Belfast is the second largest city on the island of Ireland.
- The land that makes up Belfast has been occupied since the Bronze Age.
- While Belfast stayed a small settlement during the Middle Ages, the city played a leading role in the Industrial Revolution and was Ireland’s largest city in the beginning of the 20th century.
- When the U.S. Civil War disrupted Europe’s cotton supply, Irish linen companies flourished, and Belfast became the world’s largest linen-producing area.
- Surrounded by mountains, Belfast contains 3,000 acres of parks, many of them forested.
- The famous Titanic was built in Belfast.
- One and a half million tourists visit Belfast every year
Take in the Beauty and Culture Northern Ireland has to Offer with Allen’s Belfast Bus Tours
If you are planning a visit to Belfast, one of the best ways to see the city and all of its magic is through a Belfast Black Cab City Tour with us. Experiencing everything the city has to offer with a local tour guide will ensure you are well informed on the history and culture of all local attractions. You don’t have to worry about planning your itinerary or researching guide books and brochures when you see the city through a World Host accreditation touring company. On our Belfast Black Cab City Tour, you will see the highlights of Belfast the way you want to, including:
Those looking to further expand their touring scope can also book a private tour with one of our knowledgeable and friendly guides. Private tour excursions are tailored to your liking, which means we take you wherever you want to go and on your time. Our team at Allen’s Belfast Bus Tours is readily available to help plan your Belfast tour suited to your unique interests.
Whether you are interested in a day tour of Giant’s Causeway or a multi-day guided tour of Belfast’s night life and/or food scene, call us on 0044 2890 915 613 or book with us online today. We are here to facilitate your every need for the ultimate travel experience.